Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to operate our Website and provide our Services, including, maintaining our customer/visitor lists, responding to your inquiries or providing feedback, enabling you to register for any Services that we may provide, for identification and authentication purposes and for Service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Website or a Service, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to access the Website or a Service. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users or their patients (e.g. average age or geographical location of our users and/or their patients), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website or an applicable Service is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registering for Services: If you register for a Service, such as Habble our personalized health dashboard service, you must provide certain Personal Information to allow us to identify you for access and authentication purposes and for billing purposes, this information includes your full name; email address; and billing and payment information. We will use this information to register you for the applicable Service you wish to receive.
- Provision of an applicable Service to You: Once you have registered for an applicable Service then we will collect personal information from you that is relevant for the proper provision of that Service to you. For example, in the case of Habble, we will collect information from you that you choose to store, including, your name; email address; physical address, phone number, age, weight, body composition data, gender, family, medical and social history, current medical conditions, dietary restrictions, medications, allergies and treatment plans.
- Marketing Communications: If you separately opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and Services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in each communication.
- Analytics: We also collect statistics about use of the Website and the Services which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available by us to third parties on an unlimited basis.
- Third-Party Links: The Website and Services may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
We share Personal Information that you submit to us in respect to the Website and/or the Services only with our service providers and partners, which includes website hosting providers, cloud service providers, analytics providers, email marketing providers and payment processors. Our service providers are located in Canada and the United States and accordingly Personal Information you submit to us may be available to Canadian and United States governments under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information and information submitted by users solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using such information for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose Personal Information you submit to us to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website or Services users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of Personal Information you submit to us is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain Personal Information you submit to us in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of Personal Information that you submit to us to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information you have submitted to us in order to verify the accuracy of such Personal Information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of the Personal Information you have submitted to us although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access to and modifications of Personal Information in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep Personal Information you have submitted to us accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add such Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those persons to whom we are permitted to disclose such Personal Information. Having accurate Personal Information about you and your patients enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed about any changes to the Personal Information we have on file for you. If you would like to access personal information you have submitted to us, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions in regard to our privacy practices of if you find any errors in our information about you or that we are storing on your behalf, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: August 2, 2016